Breathing. We can live without food and even without water for short periods, but we can't love more than a few minutes without air. But our breathing is unconscious and most of us are shallow breathers. Love Breathing is a practice that is both physically and emotionally healthy, plus it begins to train you for LoveCasting. Here's how it works.
1. Empty your lungs of air and pause, without breathing, to enjoy the feeling of emptiness.
2. Breathe in, saying silently to yourself over and over, "I am grateful to be alive."
3. Pause when you are full and repeat over and over, "Thank you, thank you, thank you."
4. Breathe out, saying silently to yourself over and over, "I appreciate everyone and everything."
5. Pause when you are empty and repeat over and over, "Beginning with me."
7. When you finish, linger in emptiness with no thought. Enjoy experiencing yourself as an eternal spirit.
I suggest you do this for a few minutes first thing in the morning, before doing anything else, and last thing at night before you fall asleep. So, what will this accomplish?
You are programming yourself to receive and give love. Gratitude and appreciation are the two aspects of live, inner and outer. Gratitude, the inner aspect, is about receiving the gift of life. Appreciation, the outer aspect, is about expressing and increasing value, unconditionally.
Over time, this simple practice can completely transform your experience of yourself and turn you into a LoveCasting master. As the saying goes, "you can't give what you don't have," so before we get into the LoveCasting techiques, which we will starting here next week, the priority is to begin trading in this original currency.
Please comment on your experience below.